TV Aerial Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Here is a diagram of my current tv aerial plan. I hope you kind people can recommend some products (plug heads / boxes / couplers / amplifiers) to help me complete the tv aerial network.

What i hope for: The roof aerial to enter the room into a coaxial socket plate. the feed must continue on behind the wall of the rooms perimeter to the wall mounted tv on the opposite side without significant loss of quality.

I hope i have explained it well enough and I welcome any suggestions from anyone. The signal quality is good and i am prepared to make changes to the exisitng set up if it is thought to be a better idea. i also have no restrictions over where i could buy from.

An electrician laid the cables during major re-plastering work in our home (after we were flooded last year) but is kindly ignoring my requests to revisit for the second fitting. :cry:

Thanks in advance folks. [/b]

Sponsored Links
I'd get a twin aerial faceplate.

Terminate the feed from the main roof aerial and the cable to the 2nd Tv position.

Then buy a two port aerial amp for £6- aerial goes in 'Aerial' socket, TV1 out goes to the TV PC and the TV2 goes to the 2nd TV position.

Cheap passive Y splitters are p4nts, and divide the main aerial signal 50:50. The amp will give the RV out ports the same level of signal as the source TV roof aerial.

If your think of other rooms, get a 4 or 6 or 8 port amp, simple ones range from £4-£15, all need a 230v socket to power the amp.

Thanks for the fast reply Chris, it sounds like good advice.

I have this twin faceplate already and i understand you recomend installing that at the point of entry? My apologies for sounding like a complete newbie.

Would a device such as this compact amplifier be similar to what you are suggesting? It doesn't seem to be mains powered though so probably no, Perhaps this Labgear Amplifier instead.

The wall laid cables do not have any heads on (i.e. just wired into socket terminals) could you advise the type of head to fit? i have googled about on the subject and note an f-type head perhaps but i could be confusing satellite and tv, i would like to hear what you think.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
1st one is power via 9v from Sky box so that's not the product you want.

The Labgear is fine, as is all the one's available in the DIY sheds such as BnQ or via TLC Electrical, Screwfix or Satcure.

Remember you need leads from the 2 x outlets, 1 to the amp (aerial in) and one for the feed to the next socket position via the amp. then you need a lead from amp to PC, and in the other room a lead from wall socket to TV.

Post how you get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back