TV Aerial cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I can get some good quality TV aerial cable?

I have put an extension lead under the floor, with some branches off for 4 connection points along the route.

Problem is now, even with a booster, the picture keeps breaking up. It was fine before I cut the lead up and put joints in it. Before I put the floor back I would like to get some good quality cable under there in the hopes it may help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i believe that is not how you are supposed to do it.
you should run one cable from each tv to the amp, not split the cable between 4 after the amp

Sponsored Links
Yep, if its brown with a braid of copper around the outside it'll do you no favours.

Look for a braid and foil and preferably foam around the inner core as opposed to honeycomb and air.

CT100 is the benchmark for this low-loss type of coax but it has many names.

Don't scrimp on those connectors either!

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/ is a good read for all things aerials and satellite.

And do not use resistive splitters at the amp, get an amp with 1 output per TV point.

If you have to use a splitter use an inductive one.

Thanks for the advice.
So far, I split the cable using junction boxes! Not the best idea in the world (hence now doing it properly)!

I've got a 4 way amplifier and intend to have 4 tv points, so thats fine.

I was just a little confused with the cable, as some says its for sky etc, but I'll take a look and see when I can find.

Cheers.

Junction boxes?....aaaargh

Not designed for this! the impedance will be mismatched, and the whole lot will be a complete mess of standing waves :LOL:

I would favour a star based layout, but if you must do it in a long line, then you want aerial tap off units to do it, not junction boxes!

At to cable, you want to use something approved by the CAI, such as WF100, PF100 etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back