TV Aerial Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help. I recently tried to install a new cable for my tv aerial. My aerial is in my loft so from the lounge i attached the new aerial to the old one with tape and then proceeded to pull both up from the loft unfortunately the cables came apart on the way up now i have no cable at all. Could anyone tell me how to get a cable down to my lounge from the loft.

Sponsored Links
drop a piece of weighted string down the cavity and "fish" for it

run the cable a different route

Chances are you won't get it down the same route. Probably easiest to route it externally.

If you have a few extra quid spare (like around £50 or so), you can avoid the hassle of cables completely, and get a transmitter to put in your roof, that will send a signal to a tiny receiver that plugs into the back of your TV. Then you can put your TV wherever you like whenever you like, you just gotta plug it into the mains. No more messy cables :)

Sponsored Links
Hi,
found a link just in case it helps....

"HOLDAN 2.4GHz WIRELESS A/V SENDER WITH REMOTE CONTROL Ref: HOL-TR2450
High quality, Wireless Audio/Video transmitter with I/R Remote Control Extender. Transmits Audio & Video signals through walls, ceilings, floors etc. with no wiring between Transmitter & Receiver. Now you can watch TV/DVD/Video/Satellite/Cable in any room in the house, even the garden. You can even change channels etc. using your existing Remote Control. Additional Receivers can be added to allow viewing of Satellite, Video or DVDs in the bedroom, dining room, kitchen, conservatory and even the garden.
See Special Offer Specifications

Price: £59.53 £69.95 Including VAT at 17.5% "

Is a little more than I thought, but you may be able to find a cheaper version....
:)

Don't think that would help, a video sender is for when you have a video signal from a VCR/satellite box or similar.

A transmitter to repeat the signal receieved by a TV aerial would be pretty expensive and quite powerful as these things go! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back