Moving an aerial point

Hi SFK

Quite the response! Thank you for taking the time to write that. I'm feeling a little embarrassed asking how to do an aerial. The SWMBO is now officially, on my case. Thinks I'm an 'expert'. :D

I will nip out later and get myself the F connectors etc you linked to, even if in a pack. Spares come in handy I suppose.

I get the idea as suggested of doing the joint in the hollow wall by removing the back box but again, kinda defeats the object as you'll have to muck about removing it in the future - absolutely no disrespect meant Foxhole.

My thinking is to do the new point first and work back.

Regards if there's stud work. Yes, I believe there is. The existing aerial box sits outside of an assumed stud work run. If that's the case I'll have to bite the bullet and cut the plasterboard to reveal it.

I don't mind the mess so as long as I don't create a Swiss cheese! Best ask the neighbor for his stud detector.

A cup of tea is in order and the videos provided to see how to make off the ends.

Thank you chaps for contributing this really is a fantastic resource. Just don't tell my Wife!

Sponsored Links
If your signal is decent just twist the outer wires and block connect the inners and see if it works (I just angle grinded through most of our aerial cable while repointing the outside wall :eek: but picture still perfect with most of the plastic and outer copper cable gone - fortunately it's being redone soon anyway. Also worth seeing if cable drops down from loft so you can break into it there as unlikely you'll be able to re-route across a stud wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back