tv aerial loft installation help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi , i plan to install a tv aerial in my loft , i live in a 3 storey house ( new build ) ,

any hints/tips/advice on feeding co-ax cable from the loft down to the second storey would be much appreciated .. thanks in advance :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Do you want the cable to be hidden? Can you get to the cavity? Are you going to fit co-ax sockets? You wiil possibly need an amplifier to fit an ariel in the loft, do you have an electric supply there?

yes i would like to hide the wires , and yes i was planning to put coax sockets in , via the wall cavitys, no electric supply in the loft , but i only intend to use the cable to run 1 tv at the moment , just need tips on how to feed cable thru , is it a case of punching a hole in the wall shinning a light in it , and just guding the wire down to it, then hooking it with the end of a coat hanger to pull it out the wall , :confused:

We have just had a loft aerial fitted and this feeds three TV points throughout the house. The amp power supply is actually downstairs by the main TV so I don't think you actually need power in your loft.

Sponsored Links
ukthugz said:
yes i would like to hide the wires , and yes i was planning to put coax sockets in , via the wall cavitys, no electric supply in the loft , but i only intend to use the cable to run 1 tv at the moment , just need tips on how to feed cable thru , is it a case of punching a hole in the wall shinning a light in it , and just guding the wire down to it, then hooking it with the end of a coat hanger to pull it out the wall , :confused:
It will be easier if you drop a string line down with a weight on the end then pull the cable through with that. Unless you are in a particularly strong signal area I think you will need an amp. & depending what type you get determines where it goes, but you can always retrofit if you find you need one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back