TV Aerial Masthead Amplifiers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house with an Antiference Masthead Amp (not sure of the exact model, possibly UX3/UX4) connected to two aerials on my chimney. There are three aerial points in the house each fed by a cable running out of the masthead box. Connected to one of the coaxial cables is a P1200 power supply unit.

Never having used one of these units before, can you tell me does it matter to which outlet point in the house I connect the P1200 or is the wiring on the roof assuming that one line is dedicated to the power supply unit ? At present I only seem to get a decent picture in the room with the P1200 and terrible pictures elsewhere.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Most models require you to put the PSU on a dedicated outlet.

Do a google for an install manual ;)

Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I tried the Google approach and the Antiference install instructions say "Refer to the amplifier housing for the appropriate aerial input(s), power supply and outlet connections".

So looks like I need to get up on the roof !! :D

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
id imagine that it needs to be in a certain outlet. if you want to move the PSU to another room, best go on the roof and make sure that the power is in the right place.

if you do go on the roof, make sure you have long ladders and a roof ladder for your safety. and someone to foot the ladder/pass roof ladder to you is a good idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back