TV Bracket on plasterboard dot and dab wall

You need to work out if this is a hollow wall or a block wall. If there is block then frame fixers, if its hollow then you need a fixer that either expand and clamp the plaster or one that will grip the plaster better.

Sponsored Links
You need to work out if this is a hollow wall or a block wall. If there is block then frame fixers, if its hollow then you need a fixer that either expand and clamp the plaster or one that will grip the plaster better.
There are definitely hollow sections to the wall but when I knock at the top and middle it sounds like there is a stud behind it as the sound changes from hollow to solid?

I'd buy a pack of frame fixers and a pack of spring toggles. If when you drill you don't get brick dust - you can use the spring toggle clips, if you hit brick/block use frame fixers... If you have dabs there is a a block wall.

Hold the frame up and mark it out , then push a screwdriver thru to see what it hits, if you can push the screwdriver into a solid wall it could be thermalite and frame fixing and most other plugs will pull straight out.

Sponsored Links
Hold the frame up and mark it out , then push a screwdriver thru to see what it hits, if you can push the screwdriver into a solid wall it could be thermalite and frame fixing and most other plugs will pull straight out.
It is an outside wall after checking the shape of the house. I don't think it'll be air brick although we do have some in the garage walls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back