Mounting large TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for some advise on what screws/fastenings to use when mounting a large 20kg led tv?
The tv bracket will be mounted to a solid wall (concrete blocks) with dot n dab plasterboard cover.
The plan is to build a narrow (150mm) deep media wall (cls stud/plasterboard) around the tv so it sits recessed/flush with the wall.
I'd prefer not to screw the tv bracket to wooden battens as i'm wanting to keep this as low profile (150mm).
Also, how much space/gab would you recommend to leave around the tv, say 50mm? Don't want it to over heat or not have enough space to lift into place :p

End goal is something similar to this

ezee-glow-celestial-built-in-electric-fire-media-wall.jpg

Sponsored Links
Consider that at some point the TV will break/need replacing and the opening should work for the replacement too. What about a soundbar or equivalent? What will be the finish of the recess? Painted plasterboard presumably - bare in mind this is a surface that will attract dust etc and will require regular cleaning to look slick so think about the space and that you'll need to repaint every other year or so. Backlit TV's are de rigueur atm at seemingly not so much cost so maybe worth investigating though not my cup of tea.

As for fixing the TV back to the wall, depending on the depth of the D&D and your DIY skill level (no offence) Corofix can be an easy solution: https://www.screwfix.com/p/corefix-...ynfFYaJaRWIihvarL3MaApGBEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

On a separate issue, I've never understood TV's installed above eye level.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
You also need to allow airflow to let the heat out, and to allow the sound from the speakers in the back of the panel to give sound at the front. Look carefully at the booklets or online to see how much gap needs to be allowed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back