TV Died on me!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I watched my TV this morning, all was fine, but when I went back a few hours later I discovered it was dead!
I've checked that the power was on, plugs, all outside wires connected etc. I will change the fuse but don't know if that will fix it. The fuse taken out of the plug looks fine to my untrained eye.
It's a Beko 14272/R and it's either 4 or 6 years old ( can't remeber which year it was bought for me)
Any advice?

Sponsored Links
get a new one.

Tv repair takes a while (assuming you can find some one to do it) and is not cheap, hence my first suggestion

The fuse taken out of the plug looks fine to my untrained eye.

:confused: I am not sure if a trained eye can spot a duff fuse out of a 13amp plug. OK so someone tell me I'm wrong.

Sponsored Links
doubt if its plg fuse, swap it with a known working one and it should be 5 amp not 13

Yes it's a 5 amp fuse and a new one didn't make the tv work.

By untrained eye I mean that i'm not an expert however the fuse wasn't obviously marked i any way to suggest it had blown out.

Even a trained eye can't see if a BS1362 fuse has gone.

The only way to tell is to test it

ch427 said:
maybe fuse in plug,or in back of tv(cover needs removing)

NEVER remove the cover of a TV unless you have been trained to do so.It can still give you a fatal shock when unplugged

my local repairman went bust :( , no money in it now, buy a new one.

Mine hasn't.

Save the environment - have the TV repaired.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back