TV licence

The BBC sell of their programmes on DVD, so, if you paid to watch them once, why would you pay to watch them again? Surely that's advertising by the BBC that is disallowed?

If people in foreign countries can view BBC programming, then surely that negates the reason that the UK pays a license fee, we pay they don't.

And advertisements on the BBC is outside their charter, they advertise programs coming up, that is negative of the BBC charter, and therefore illegal.

you can get the bbc here on cable :D

Exactly! Do you pay extra for it like a subscription that goes to the BBC?

I was asked by someone that I know that lives in Spain to purchase a sat receiver, and register it to my address, but to ship it to them, so they would receive UK programming abroad, and they would pay me monthly. But the new card needs registering, inside the UK, and if used elsewhere, would be invalidated. But I understand companies have a workaround for this. License fee is a farce.

Sponsored Links
err i think you are missing the point

there is no terrestrial tv here

its either cable or satellite ;)

But terrestrial TV in the UK, is in effect taxed. You get if free. Regardless of if if comes in via Cable, satellite, or anntenna (being phased out), so you get it free, we have to pay.. WHY? If we in the UK have a computer, video recorder from the 70's, or a 9" black and white screen, have to pay the license fee...you abroad don't. Why?

Sponsored Links
Are all the cable guys wierd :eek: and do they b`ggur half bricks in youre outside walls , while dressed as Village People - like over here ;)

There was an interesting link in BBC Click tonight regarding VPL.

If you are in the UK, and receive UK output, but not pay a TV license, as the source is outside the UK?

Or you are outside the UK but British, and pay for a TV license, and don't receive the service..

Or you take a service from a UK address, install and setup at that address, then remove the box to a foreign land, and pay someone in the UK for subscription?

I wouldn't watch UK TV, bad though it is in the UK, but to export many antique programmes, Cookery programmes, jeez if you want them exported, jog on! Eastenders, Corrie, what a waste!

But it's not fair that many Europeans receive programmes we have to pay for, when ex-pats, can't receive them legally, without using VPL..

Sponsored Links
Back