TV license...

While those afflicted by unemployment are busy watching TV, they're not out burgling, "doing" drugs etc etc. Thus it's money well spent. ;)

But at the same time, they can't watch "Police Camera Action!" to get tips on how to TWOC an Impreza so it should reduce other forms of crime :p

This is going to sound funny, but I know a bloke who reads several library books a week and barely ever turns his TV on... He seems quite happy and well-adjusted, so perhaps there are alternatives to telly. :confused:

Sponsored Links
This is going to sound funny, but I know a bloke who reads several library books a week and barely ever turns his TV on... He seems quite happy and well-adjusted, so perhaps there are alternatives to telly. :confused:
Quite, quite abnormal :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

so perhaps there are alternatives to telly. :confused:

Even if you enjoy watching TV shows and movies, there are alternatives to watching broadcast television.

DVD's are pretty cheap now. You get to watch the whole movie, without the increasing number of commercial breaks (BBC excepted, of course) and without chunks being hacked out to make room for more commercials or to fit rigid scheduling requirements. You get to see the full closing titles as well, without them being shrunk into one tiny corner of the screen while an announcer talks incessantly over the faded-down music promoting a dozen other things in which you have absolutely no interest.

For the old TV shows, you can buy an entire series (of box set of the whole run of multiple series), and as well as having the above advantages you can actually watch all the shows in the proper order. I don't know what they're doing with new stuff these days, as my interests lie mostly in the classic era of 1950's-1970's, but it seems to me that they long ago reached the point where they were just picking episodes at random a lot of the time, jumping from a late series to an early one and back again within the space of a couple of days, or repeating the same series over and over while neglecting earlier series completely.

Sponsored Links
Back