Twin and earth cable under floor screed

Sponsored Links
Not yet, getting it ready and start digging the footing on Monday
then you've still got time tochange the design and add a knee wall even if it's only 2 or 3 bricks high..

I'm just putting in the cable/sockets ready so the floor screed can be done then the electrician can finish the work at the later stage.

and you've already retained the services of a sparky who is willing to let you design and install this and will sign it off fraudulently to say he's done it?
got his number? ;)

no where to put wall sockets because of the shape of the upvc profile frame without being an eyesore unless they do slimline wall socket?
Is the frame large enough to take Neutrik sockets?
hmmm, not seen them before, the frame are being made up now and I don't know if there's room to hide the T&E cable yet unless the neutrik socket have a backing box without having to drill it into the frame?

those sockets aren't suitable for use in a home.. they are not shuttered for a start..

what's wrong with the quarter round cable trunking round the base of the windows idea?

Sponsored Links
553.1.2 Those are non-reversible, and have an earth.

553.1.4 Ah. From memory I thought shuttering was a "preferable" not a "shall be".....

553.1.2 Those are non-reversible, and have an earth.
fair enough.. the pic hadn't shown up when I started to reply and a quick google it looked like a inner and outer type affair, I didn't realise there was an earth..

553.1.4 Ah. From memory I thought shuttering was a "preferable" not a "shall be".....

I thought you had the big red book memorised by now.... :eek: ;)

Nothing wrong with floor sockets in the floor.

Trunking in a brand new conservatory would look tat.

I would not use cable tray, I would fix conduit directly to the oversite, given a day or two it would be fine for fixings. (5.5 drill and red plugs).

You could always put in a continuous piece of conduit, more than likely 25mm, with a 90 bend each end to bring the conduit up out of the screed. One end for the light, the other end by a wall socket.

Not yet, getting it ready and start digging the footing on Monday
then you've still got time tochange the design and add a knee wall even if it's only 2 or 3 bricks high..
You see, when you get married..............don't get married coljack :LOL: ..... ;)

I'm just putting in the cable/sockets ready so the floor screed can be done then the electrician can finish the work at the later stage.

you've already retained the services of a sparky who is willing to let you design and install this and will sign it off fraudulently to say he's done it?
got his number? ;)
I'm sure it will be okay if I do everything correctly and take a photo of the layout, if the electrician is not happy then I shall let them do it their way
:cry:

Nothing wrong with floor sockets in the floor.
At the end of the day just common sense and take extra care

Trunking in a brand new conservatory would look tat.
I didn't want to go that way if I could help it

I would not use cable tray, I would fix conduit directly to the oversite, given a day or two it would be fine for fixings. (5.5 drill and red plugs).
Will do, thinking it about it the heat in the conservatory should dry it out quicker

You could always put in a continuous piece of conduit, more than likely 25mm, with a 90 bend each end to bring the conduit up out of the screed. One end for the light, the other end by a wall socket.
Thanks

MT20FMA.JPG

20mm White PVC Female Adaptors with Bush
MT20MA.JPG

20mm White PVC Male Adaptors with Locknut

What the difference between these above and what one do I need for the metal boxes?

MT20BNDS.JPG

MT20HG.JPG

Does the elbow fit inside the straight pipe or need a straight connector?

you want female ( no thread intruding into the box.. )
and those particular bends do just plug onto the pipe ( but the adaptor wouldn't fit the bend so a piece of pipe is required between bend and adaptor )

don't use bends, get a bending spring.. no joints to get the cable stuck on that way.. or at least fewer joints

mmm, powercons.. the much better alternative to IEC leads...

could you not put the 13A outlets on the house wall, and a couple of 5A roundpins in the frame for the lamps (dont know if slim one exist though)

ban-all-sheds : does it have to be done in steel conduit instead of plastic :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back