Twin brown and earth - can one core be marked blue for neutral?

Was White changed to Yellow cos White often yll;owed itself (or seemed to appear so) in industrial applications? My guess so it could be wrong though

Sponsored Links
Anyways, we always had the good sense to drive cars on the proper side of the road, unlike some civilised countries and the USA, I do remember in the 60s I think that Sweden changed overnight from proper side to wrong side, I think it was one Sunday morning. Must have been a right nightmare for the country even though a lot less cars about then.

I vividly remember driving a hire car in Greece and on a large road big Y junction I inadvertently changed sides to our habitual side of the road then realised and sped very fast past the lane islands to change sides back again - no other vehicles about so I forgot for a moment - if there is other trafic about you tend to follow on quite normally but when none about you tend to drive by habit then think "Oh Heck!"

I vividly remember driving a hire car in Greece and on a large road big Y junction I inadvertently changed sides to our habitual side of the road then realised and sped very fast past the lane islands to change sides back again - no other vehicles about so I forgot for a moment - if there is other trafic about you tend to follow on quite normally but when none about you tend to drive by habit then think "Oh Heck!"

Happened to me (almost) twice. In the dark, after some nookie in Italy, parked by a dark country road - I pulled out without thinking, and was quickly met by a car's headlights coming the opposite way. Then, coming off the ferry at Calais, no other vehicles about, I just managed to stop myself entering a small roundabout the wrong way.

As you say, no problem when there is other vehicles about, to remind you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back