Twin gang 2 way switch wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello group, i'm looking for advice on installing a twin gang 2 way switch, basically I am replacing a 1 gang switch which used to work an outside bulkhead, I have added another bulkhead in a different area of the garden and ran the wire back to the switch backbox. I have mains feed to the switch in the form of a twin and earth sheathed cable, I also have twin and earth running to both lights.. I purchased an weathersafe outdoor twin gang 2 way switch, and need to wire it up. The switch denotes the following on the back: -

A1 C B1

A2 L B2

All these are individual terminals. Also on the rear of the switch it shows a link between L & A1, and a link between C & B2. I'm aware that all the earths bundle together, as do the neutrals, but where do the lives go?

Regards
Otto

Sponsored Links
ah, that's better with the picture..

live feed goes into L and C ( with a link. )

one lights live goes to A2, one to B2 ( swap to A1 and B1 if the switch operates upside down.. )

Thanks for the prompt response coljack, i'll give it a try now.
Regards
Otto

Sponsored Links
Good question, I had some yellow heat shrink cable which I slipped over the earths, didn't feel it was necessary to put the heat gun on it though.
Regards
Otto

jamie - please take the fact that you can look at a switch with a wiring diagram on it and still not know what to do as an indication that you should spend some time learning how your electrics work before you start fiddling with them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back