Country
United Kingdom
Have a Twintec S3 softener that's flooding
the Unit fills with water very slowly overnight and reaches the
top of the Salt blocks then overflows through the overflow

Anyone any experience of what the issue might be

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
I haven't had that model, but on other softeners, it's happened when the multiport valve that opens and shuts various waterways has worn ("O" rings) or jammed (scale) and is letting water flow through slightly when it should be shut. IIRC it takes about ten years. On one occasion I exchanged it for a reconditioned machine at a reasonable price.

On mine, there has been a service/overhaul kit to replace the moving parts in the valve assembly. Mine had a Fleck mechanism which seems to be very common in numerous makes and countries.

It might be possible to take the valve head off and dismantle it on the kitchen table yourself, provided you can identify the mechanism and order the kit, but I found it easier to get my local Softener company to do it.

If it helps at all, my Fleck valves (there are several models) look something like
s-l400.jpg

and the kit of piston, seals etc looks something like

s-l640.jpg

Of course, yours might be completely different. I think the kit was around £60 plus a bit over an hours time for the installer. Cheaper than buying a new one. The mechanism is actually fairly simple.

Some cheaper brands appear to be irrepairable.

There are some electronic control heads that I have avoided because I can't see how they work.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
ah, quite different. All mine have had Fleck. Is there a maker name on that label?

Call your local softener company (there will be one) and ask if they do repairs.

Yours doesn't look very old so try the maker/vendor as well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back