Twist cover overflow bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know how to get this damn thing off? I've unscrewed the screw from it through the hole but it still won't come off... Baffled

Attachments

• IMG_20190519_165501.jpg
    IMG_20190519_165501.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 101
Sponsored Links
It should just pull off, it'll probably be welded on with stuff, is it being replaced? If so just get a screwdriver behind it.

It should just pull off, it'll probably be welded on with stuff, is it being replaced? If so just get a screwdriver behind it.

Doesn't pull off at all. Tried to stick a screwdriver behind to pry it off and it's just bending it. How the hell have they stuck this on!

I want to access the overflow hole so I can clean behind it but at this rate I guess I can't ever take it off haha

Sponsored Links
It's probably crud that's welded it to the plastic or it's rusted and swollen on. If you aren't replacing I'd leave it, when it's that stage it's usually a burst it off.

Squirt some limescale remover behind it/into the grub screw hole. Then try pushing and pulling the cover in short strokes to see if it will free up... You might end up on your arse when it comes off! :ROFLMAO:

Try same with some silicone spray (furniture polish thats silicone based). (y)

Squirt some limescale remover behind it/into the grub screw hole. Then try pushing and pulling the cover in short strokes to see if it will free up... You might end up on your arse when it comes off! :ROFLMAO:

Try same with some silicone spray (furniture polish thats silicone based). (y)

Thanks man! I'll try those out. I'd happily be on my arse so long as I can get it off haha

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back