Twisted Pine Interior Door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

This is the first time I’ve posted here but I’ve been reading for some time now and think this is a great forum.

I have recently fitted some pine panel doors and have found that one of them has twisted from the mid-point to the top by approximately 25-30mm. I have to admit that these doors were purchased some time ago and were left standing as I’ve been in the middle of a complete refurbishment and they were cheap when I wasn’t ready for them.

However…there are fitted now and one is twisted. As luck would have it it’s the one with two frosted glass panels so I can’t simply grab it and twist it back. As the glass panels were factory fitted they seem to have taken the easy route and slotted the glass in to place prior to fixing the top bar into place.

Any ideas on how to get the door back into the straight?

Sponsored Links
Welcome aboard.From my experience with pine internal doors you will never get it back to it's original state.With the added complication of the glazing as well I would just write it off and buy another one.It would take 2-3 days in clamps under strain and possibly even need to be steamed and it may still not come back in line and all the while trying not to break the glass.In the time and effort involved you could buy one and have it in the hole in a fraction of the time.If you buy doors in future I find the best way to store them is laid flat on a nice flat floor.

Hello Daz,

thanks for the speedy response. You've confirmed my fear. I had hoped there was some sneeky trick that a carpenter/chippie might pass on but hey ho. I suppose it's a lesson learnt.

Thanks again

Andy Cobweb

Sponsored Links
Glad to be of help. I don't know of many sneeky tricks but I know a few sneeky chippies ,,, ha ha. As for myself , I wouldn't say I'm the best Joiner in England but I believe I'm in the top 1. !!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back