Two Boilers in one house good idea?

Many installers will also have recommended a combi because it is the most appropriate installation ;)

Sponsored Links
megawatt said:
And you would spend years arguing the toss and still not get an improvement in supply.

Sometimes you need to accept things as they are and move on.

Sometime you can ignore and by-pass petty bureaucrats and do it yourself You have a customer to satisfy.

Doctor Drivel said:
Presumably, if the supply wasn't adequate you'd simply hire a JCB, dig up the road and replace the gas main yourself
I have actually done something similar. I replaced about 3 metres of 3/4" iron service pipe with 1" pipe. It was in a flat and the riser could be isolated by a gas cock in a cupboard at the bottom of the block. I was considering using 28mm copper pipe, which is all legal.
In other words not hired a JCB, not dug up the road, and not replaced the gas main.

slaphappy.gif

Sponsored Links
Doctor Drivel said:
The old Gas Boards had to and would. The new privateers have to as a part of their licence.

Can you provide me with a link to that statement in "their licence"?

Driving licence, fishing licence ???

Agile said:
Doctor Drivel said:
The old Gas Boards had to and would. The new privateers have to as a part of their licence.

Can you provide me with a link to that statement in "their licence"?

Driving licence, fishing licence ???

It is on the web somewhere - I read it. Do a Google. I know the Gas Boards had to provide 212 cu foot from 1965, in preparation to North Sea gas.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back