Two for the price of one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all just signed up today so here is first post. I'm from uk originaly but live in Romania now with two small kids and it gets cold. I installed a LPG combie boiler and works fine but is expensive to run soooooooooooooo what i want to do is this. In Romania they have wood burners that are firebricks on the inside and a sort of fancy ceramic fire brick on the out side,when the fire goes out they stay hot for some 12hrs but this is in only one room,so i got to thinking. I built a snake shaped coil from thick steel tube and i have placed this on the inside of the fire in the first smoke chamber (5 chambers in all )

Ok if you are still awake what i want to do is connect this system to my LPG boiler and run it so when/if the wood burner goes out the LPG boiler will kick in and when the wood burner is hot the LPG boiler will close down.

I know i will need to put a pump on the wood burner and a means to get rid of heat if the Electric fails now can i use a expansion bottle/vessel and a pressure release valve on pipe vented to the outside or do i need to have a system the same as in the picture in this link ??? i would love just to have the expansion vessel as it gets so cold here and in loft god only knows.
Many thanks for your time and if you can put me in the right direction i thank you
http://www.boilerstoves.co.uk/boiler-stove-installation-A.html

Forgot i dont want to have the water tank if poss

Sponsored Links
soooooooooooooo what i want to do is this.In Romania they have wood burners that are firebricks on the inside and a sort of fancy ceramic fire brick on the out side,when the fire goes out they stay hot for some 12hrs but this is in only one room,so i got to thinking i built a snake shaped coil from thick steel tube and i have placed this on the inside of the fire in the first smoke chamber (5 chambers in all )

sooooooo

go back to romania and do it

they have regs and laws in england that say

behave yourself :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
soooooooooooooo what i want to do is this.In Romania they have wood burners that are firebricks on the inside and a sort of fancy ceramic fire brick on the out side,when the fire goes out they stay hot for some 12hrs but this is in only one room,so i got to thinking i built a snake shaped coil from thick steel tube and i have placed this on the inside of the fire in the first smoke chamber (5 chambers in all )

sooooooo

they have regs and laws in england that say

behave yourself :rolleyes:
I was hoping for help on this forum but looks like im wrong,sorry for wasting your time

Set some money aside for funerals so your relatives won't have to bear the cost.

you would be suprised at the regs in romania. all gas has to be in screwed and socketed steel...

Kev said:
Read it again, Kev...
I'm from uk originaly but live in Romania now

--
Some of what's shown in the link given is illegal to install in the UK!

Organising the priorities is just a matter of thrmostats. The danger you have to deal with is of the woodburner boiling the water. There will be regs in Romania about that. Any pressurised system with a potential to go over 100 degrees, is a potential bomb. Not something for a diy approach!

Organising the priorities is just a matter of thrmostats. The danger you have to deal with is of the woodburner boiling the water. There will be regs in Romania about that. Any pressurised system with a potential to go over 100 degrees, is a potential bomb.

Thanks for giving me an answer, how can i protect the system best so as to get rid of any plus pressure build up or overheat ???

An open vent, and a separate feed from a mains-supplied cistern. The traditional "feed and expansion tank".
There used to be regs about fitting these crude pressure relief valves as well
http://www.bes.co.uk/products/graphics/7512.gif
but I'm not a Solid Fuel man so I don't know.
I can imagine a certain language difficulty, but you do need to find out the local requirements.

Try a new post with "Solid Fuel" in the title, you might attract someone who knows what he's talking about!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back