Two gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Greetings,
I have a ceiling light and wall light in a room controlled by a double switch in the room. I can only have the wall lights on if I first switch on the ceiling light, would very much like to just have the wall lights on without the overhead ceiling lights.
All my wires are brown so I have labelled them B1 etc.
The first gang switch part is B1 to L2 and B3 to com on the other gang switch B2 to L2 then a piece of cable goes from the first com to the second com terminal. Might be wrong but have worked out that is why I must have the first light on so that this link to the com becomes live but how can I change the set up so that each light comes on separate?
x Tully

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
IT WORKED
Thank you so very much PrenticeBoyofDerry. I have spent the last three evenings swaping wires and even a new switch and it was just one wire.
Thanks to you have completed that DIY job and can move on to the next adventure sitting having a nice glass of wine thanks again
Love Tully

Sponsored Links
:LOL:
IT WORKED
Thank you so very much PrenticeBoyofDerry. I have spent the last three evenings swaping wires and even a new switch and it was just one wire.
Thanks to you have completed that DIY job and can move on to the next adventure sitting having a nice glass of wine thanks again
Love Tully
no worries, happy to be of assistance.
The way it was terminated, meant you did not have a permanent live link across coms.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back