Two nights a week abstaining...

Sponsored Links
How often does tax go down, how will it go down if gov income becomes
less?

How many times do you here that if people didn't fiddle the dole, it could go to the right people? booloks

What if you drink Newcastle brown which is something like 2.6 units in a bottle? Do you get halfway through the second and throw the rest away?

This government is full of stupid ideas.

Sponsored Links
What if you drink Newcastle brown which is something like 2.6 units in a bottle? Do you get halfway through the second and throw the rest away? This government is full of stupid ideas.
Not nearly a stupid as the morons they are trying to educate.

Whats your beef with having a drink again?
I don't have a particular gripe with drinkers.

No, i have equal disdain for excessive eaters, drinkers and smokers alike.

Or were you directing your post at the utter brilliance of the Newcastle Brown ale analogy?

P.S. i think i drink too much and could do with being reminded more often.

It is no surprise that poorly educated, low intelligence people are the most likely to suffer as a result of poor diet. Good on the government for being arsed to take the time. Completely pointless though because some are beyond educating.

You don't need units to tell you how much to drink for christ's sake ! You drink what you can handle.........end of story!. We are all different animals with different levels of tollerance. It's yet another example of do-gooders telling us what is in our 'best interests'. Don't eat this , don't drink that , first it is good for us , then it is bad. A glass of red wine is good for you and your heart. Now it isn't. Aspirin in low doses can help prevent heart conditions , now it could cause them , butter is bad for us ( despite the fact our parents and grand parents etc etc ) have been eating this for centuries with no ill health does not even begin to enter the scientists mind , and now butter could have health benefits. The list goes on and on. My personal opinion is , if you like it then eat , drink , smoke or whatever , and to hell with the constant 'don't do this' brigade.
Maybe the 'do-gooders' have a reason for touting such crushingly restrictive advice.

Perhaps a government think tank has come up with a brilliant way of sparing the NHS trillions of pounds in unnecessary and preventable illnesses.

Gosh, what a super idea.

My personal opinion is, if my taxes will go down as a result of selfish smokers or fatties or boozers cutting down just a little, then so be it.

The fact is, poorly educated morons cost the country dear. No wonder educated folk are trying to nudge those poor clueless souls toward a slightly healthier lifestyle.

If being pompous was a disease , you would be terminaly ill.

Yes damn the poor uneducated fatties/smokers/drinkers who pay vast amounts of tax in their often shorter than usual lives. Better to be educated, smug and into healthy things like exercise and sport. Then you can clog up the A&E departments with fractures and sprains, or call out the mountain rescue at a huge cost when you're lost on a wee hill...(don't get lost on the way to the off licence!!)
;)

Sponsored Links
Back