Two radiators not working in new system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a new system installed - combi boiler and radiators, to replace my old system from 1970! The two radiators at the end of the system are not working (in the bathroom and toilet upstairs). The one in the bathroom was the only one that was not replaced, as it was a towel rail we got about 3 years ago. The plumber said he cleaned out the system but there could still be debris blocking it, but it might clear itself and start working. Any suggestions gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
did he balance the system ?
check the trvs and lockshields are open on both the rads.
if still not working shut the others down see if that pushs any heat through to the two rads.

Thanks for reply. He did balance the sytem, and said he could not understand why 2 not working. His solution if it doesn't start working is to run some new pipes to these 2 rads. All valves open on both.
I will take your advice and shut down all the others to see what happens - is it sufficient just to turn stats down to '0'?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back