Two random questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Two things I've been thinking about and don't know the answer to. They are about two different things but didn't want to clutter up the forum with two threads. Anyway here they are!

1/ About stopcock vs lever valve. Why have a "stopcock" on the internal rising main? Wouldn't a full bore lever valve be easier to operate? Interestingly, the water company's external isolation valve is plastic and shuts off in about a quarter of a turn so maybe that is like a ball valve?

2/ What is the point of a half crossover. e.g. this:
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p60544
I mean what are they mostly used for and is one side of it just regular copper pipe - the other end being a normal end feed fitting? Perhaps I should get one to have a play. I've used the full crossovers a few times but just don't get what these are for.

Thanks a lot to anyone giving me answers to these two!

Sponsored Links
The half cross over is handy if says it’s going into an elbow

Good to see Mr Puller live and kicking.

Not quite sure why you felt the need to come and whine about not having your question answered here though.

Sponsored Links
Yeah you're right it did sound like a whine but I didn't mean it to come out that way. Just pointing to where the answers are. I'll remove the "sadly" bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back