Two screens Win 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to show (say) my Gmail screen along-side any other open program screen, is there an easy way.

Sponsored Links
Most modern PC towers or base units have more than one graphics output, eg HDMI and SVGA or display port or DVI. Laptops less so, and you may need a dock if on a laptop.

If you have more than one base unit display port, then hook up two screens and then tweak your display settings in control panel to select how your screens are represented.

Let us know which hardware u have, if this doesn't make sense.

Cheers

Sorry, I've not put the question very well. I mean I need to show two programs along-side each other, on my existing screen (eg Google Search along-side my Gmail)

Just open 2 browsers windows, reduce size, pull one to the left, other to the right.

Sponsored Links
Use the 'Restore down' buttons in the top right corners of the two windows and re-size/re-position the windows as required.

This is easy in Windows 7 onwards.

• Open both programs.
  • Select the program window you want on the left
  • Press the windows key and the left arrow key. (the window will be moved to the left 1/2 of the screen)
  • Select the program window you want on the right.
  • Press the windows key and the right arrow key. (the window will be moved to the right 1/2 of the screen)

Using the windows key and the arrow keys first puts them in 1/2 screen mode in the direction you select.

Further pressing it can move it to another monitor or return it to full screen mode.

Back