Two showers running off one supply

Yes it's 80a that's written on that RCD

and yes there's a small burn mark on the plastic cover where you've pointed out.

Doens't look too good does it?

Are we talking mega bucks and mega money to sort these things out?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
difficult to say, i don't think its necessarily mega-euros or mega-roubles, but i would suggest that you bite the bullet and sort it, left til later, the price will only go up, and then the situation may be far less convient ( especially if your house is on fire )

I don't know what area you are in, but round our way, trading standards run a trusted trader scheme, go to their web site and search for a decent spark that way.

The showers alone take it close, haven't even considered that effect of cooking at same time, but there's a lot of energy for one rcd to handle reliably for an extended period of time.

Quote "One shower is nominated as the priority shower. This shower will then always have priority over the second shower. For example, if the second shower is in use when the first shower is turned on, the second shower will be disconnected."

LOL just noticed that! What a hilariously rediculous product - can't believe it exists :LOL:

Here's how that product design meeting should have gone...

< proposal of shower priority switch >

MD (patronisingly): Now then, let's all sit down and think about what is occuring when the non-priority shower is in use... SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HAVE A COCKING SHOWER!!! Do you think they'll appreciate having it disconnected when their FACE IS COVERED IN FU***NG BUBBLES?!! MORONS!

< silence >

MD: Next product design proposal, please...

Chris it would be helpful if before posting you gathered together the correct information for other members to give suitable advice. in your o.p. you indicated the two showers were supplied from the one cable, you are now producing information that suggests this is not in fact the case.
..This whole thread has been based around your original information,and therefore not particularly relevant or helpful to you.
...Take good advice.. dont enquire any further on this ..you are out of your depth you need the assistance of a Qualified Electrician....Megabucks or Not !

Sponsored Links
Quote "One shower is nominated as the priority shower. This shower will then always have priority over the second shower. For example, if the second shower is in use when the first shower is turned on, the second shower will be disconnected."

LOL just noticed that! What a hilariously rediculous product - can't believe it exists :LOL:

Here's how that product design meeting should have gone...

< proposal of shower priority switch >

MD (patronisingly): Now then, let's all sit down and think about what is occuring when the non-priority shower is in use... SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HAVE A COCKING SHOWER!!! Do you think they'll appreciate having it disconnected when their FACE IS COVERED IN FU***NG BUBBLES?!! MORONS!

< silence >

MD: Next product design proposal, please...

lol, i wonder why it is available from ABB Ireland, but not ABB UK?

- Hey, Podraig, oive got a great idea, fancy going to the pub to discuss it over 2 gallon of the black stuff?

- aah, yes, Patrick, that'll be just grand, see you there.

handy!:cool:

sounds a reasonably sensible product, just aimed at completely the wrong application.
I.e. instead of the second shower, have a submain feeding all panel heaters, immersion heater etc.

can the OP take the cover off the CU and photograph the innards, particularly that far left MCB.

Be very careful and only do it with power off and if you feel confident (incoming will still be live)

So a tad frustrating if you're the one using the second shower - tis a load of old bollerx and a complete waste of money.

If you'd care to actually read the article you would see that it is for "ABB's range of priority/non-priority shower boards" :rolleyes:

Yes the priority board does seem a bit rubbish but the 2 or 3 shower non-priority boards are a great idea if you ask me. I'm guessing that they're more readily available in Ireland as they don't have much (any?) mains gas (no combi boilers etc . . .)

Anyway this topic has been covered before and without installing some relatively complicated circuit which may or may not explode when two people try and turn their showers on at the same time this seems like a neat and simple solution. (Reason I am looking is I went to an unrelated job in a flat and the bathroom fitters had been in and installed a 2nd electric shower . . . 60A main fuse . . .).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back