Two Single Garages Into One Large Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title, we currently have 2 single garages seperated by a column, we want to take this out and have a single wide door we can actually get a car in. Do we need building regs approval? There's nothing above the garage, just a roof.

Depending on above
We're currently planning our extension and about to apply for building regs, if I need building regs for the above should I tie it all together in one application?

Sponsored Links
It will need B Regs, It may be cheaper to put both on the same app, but it depends on the authority. Where I worked we reduced the fee for multiple work apps, but where I submit my private work it makes no difference.

It will need B Regs, It may be cheaper to put both on the same app, but it depends on the authority. Where I worked we reduced the fee for multiple work apps, but where I submit my private work it makes no difference.
What if this applies?

Building a detached garage of less than 30 square metres floor area would not normally need building regulations approval if:

• the floor area of the detached garage is less than 15 square metres.
  • the floor area of the garage is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, provided the garage is at least one metre from any boundary, or it is constructed substantially of non-combustible materials.

Sponsored Links
What if this applies?

Building a detached garage of less than 30 square metres floor area would not normally need building regulations approval if:

• the floor area of the detached garage is less than 15 square metres.
  • the floor area of the garage is between 15 square metres and 30 square metres, provided the garage is at least one metre from any boundary, or it is constructed substantially of non-combustible materials.

It's within 0.5 of the boundary sadly and about 6x6M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back