Two spurs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After pulling sockets away from walls to allow plasterer to plaster and found when going to screw sockets back that one had two spurs coming from it. having read that there should only be one spur from the socket, do i need to start removing one of these, which is going to a pain as the plasterer has just fished, any advice appreciated.

Sponsored Links
could change the socket with the spurs comming off it for a FCU?

Sponsored Links
What is FCU please?

Ive seen a page on here describing all this but cant find it.

con1_uk said:
What is FCU please?

Ive seen a page on here describing all this but cant find it.

you want "sticky for refernce" the 3rd page

i presume you mean after changing to a fcu. if i do this could i still have my socket. the socket in question is a double for kettle etc. the two spurs are for under cabinet lights ( above socket) and dishwasher (below socket) could i put the fcu next to the double ( not too much damage around still damp plaster) then cable up as you say, ring into supply then two spurs and socket into load

I'd put the socket next to the FCU on the ring, as opposed to having another socket off the FCU, and I'd recommend you use a dual accessory box, as opposed to two singles http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AP636.html

and the reason you shouldn't have two spurs off the same point, is that it increases the chance of unbalenceing the ring and overloading one of the legs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back