Two wy switch Wiring (Iv seen the How to etc)

No, I keep saying - In the diagram the yellow is used for the common.

YOU are using the red as the common.
The reds will have to be joined in a connector.

Therefore YOU will have to put the yellows and blues in the intermediate switch.
The wires do not know what colour they are.

We do not use wire nuts in Britain but I suppose you can if you want.

I'm thinking you should employ an electrician.

Bas is right.

Sponsored Links
I know the Com cable red. So im guessing as the switch wont be used that the blue or yellow will act as the black wire in the original switch.

I just need to test which one it is and use that.

Why you messing about using an intermediate

Sorry for sounding thick, you are correct.

I forgot that the red was the common in the switch in question (im not at the house now) and wire nut is me mistaking my terminology again. I meant a connector not the screw on type.

No worries anyway I have my head round it now eventually cheers. My main confusion has come from the use of an intermediate this is my first attempt at 3 way switching and was more the focus of my last question.
:eek:

Thanks

As for the reason for using the intermediate, it seemed that it was the most future proof option as I dont know the exact status of the existing switch. But I do see your point and very much appreciate the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back