twyford double syphonic WC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About 3 years ago we had the large blue plastic fitment replaced with a new one, and since then it has worked well. Please note I am pretty hopeless on understanding how mechanical things work, not something I am proud of but appreciate simply stated replies. I guess the blue apparatus is the Double Syphonic bit. Anyhow recently after flushing the systen only emptied by about half whilst a second double syphonic WC we have used as a control emptied completely. Holding the flush handle down for longer and holding the ball valve down did not help any. The water seems to refill all right and after flushing as its still half full fills up quickly but of course because only half the water is used for each flush takes two flushes to remove contents.I did notice that the entire plastic arm fitment (both the combined vertical and horizontal) upon which the ball valve screws onto is quite an old one. On our other WC a newer one is fitted and we have an identical spare, think both of them came direct from Twyfords many years ago. However the vertical bit of the old plastic arm fitment has been partially overlapped by the blue syphonic fitment especially at its base ( there is a wider gap between fitments on our other WC, why the difference I wonder?). Most grateful for any help. Happy New Year. Frank.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back