Type of sleeving for a gas pipe passing through a wall

Courtesy of wiki answers:-

Granite is typically composed of quartz (Mohs-7), potassium feldspar (Mohs-6), and biotite and muscovite micas (Mohs-2.0-2.5). The varying amounts of these minerals would made it difficult to assign a specific Mohs hardness to granite generally.

Sponsored Links
& what does that have to do with the price of fish ?
maybe as prehistoric fish died and piled up on the ocean foor they became petrified and were, over millions of years, turned to granite.
The more fish that are lost to the bottom of the sea the more the price increases. ;)

Sponsored Links
That would be a Rockfish then :?:

There is one house in Dolgellau where an RG started to core drill the wall,got about 1" in and gave up.The owner has now framed it.
You southern softies should come up this way and work up a sweat :LOL:

I done a blr swap in cornwall, took all day drilling 1 hole thru internal wall!

I spent 9 hours core drilling thorugh steel reinforced concrete when I was an underling.

Had a broken knuckle at the time too.

Blo0dy hurt then next day.

On a different note.

My phone screen is resistant to anything 6 Mor and below.

Nice.

maybe as prehistoric fish died and piled up on the ocean foor they became petrified and were, over millions of years, turned to granite.

Actually prehistoric fish create a sedimentary rock and they usually have low hardness such as 1-3 on the Mohs scale. Chalk is the typical soft version. Marble is the hard version subjected to higher temperatures and pressures.

Quartz is an igneous rock formed at very high temperatures and cooled very slowly so that large crystals of the constituents form.

The quartz is the hardest constituent and is 7 on the Mohs scale. I slightly increased the hardness to 9.

Regardless its very difficult drilling into granite and I hope those who need to drill into it charge accordingly. Its far easier to use a jig fixed to the wall.

Tony

Agile";p="2766678 said:
Regardless its very difficult drilling into granite and I hope those who need to drill into it charge accordingly. Its far easier to use a jig fixed to the wall.

Tony

It is far easier to take the stones out and make good after ;)

now you all know what the sledge hammer is for in the back of my van ;)

Its one of those jobs where it would be almost always under estimated just how long it will take to actually drill granite.

As said taking the stones out would usually be far quicker if they are house sized rather than church sized!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back