Types of 3 way diverter valves???

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Hi Everyone,

I have a question with regards to a specific requirement I have for an electric 3 way diverter 28mm valve on an ASHP installation?

As far as I know most 3 way valves are configured so the flow comes into the bottom of the 3 way valve (Inlet: C) and then the water either flows out to the left or right (inlet A or B) depending on the configuration of the valve. See the sketch below:

IMG_8128.jpeg

I am looking for a valve that can do the following. Flows into inlet A and then flows out of Inlet B (priority) and when activated closes B and flows out of Inlet C. See diagram below:
IMG_8129.jpeg

Does anyone know if this exists and if so what is it called?

Sponsored Links
Would a 3 port diverter not suffice? The one you describe is a mid position valve.

Yes a 3 way diverter would work fine…

But can I get one with the flow described for the bottom image. Most 3 way diverters the flow comes in to inlet C (A/B). That doesn’t work in my case I need to have the Flow (A/B) coming into inlet A preferably with as large a bore as possible to maximise flow rate.

Just like the diagram below:

IMG_9650.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Not really it doesn’t say who makes them or where I can buy such a valve, but thanks!

Not really it doesn’t say who makes them or where I can buy such a valve, but thanks!

From the info @CBW provided, it looks like you need a 90 degree T-port flow pattern D valve.

It looks like these people have a huge range of designs and sizes. There may be other suppliers. How much hassle would it be to redo the plumbing to make a standard Honeywell diverter valve fit?

1714681518879.png

Last edited:
@CBW I just looked a little closer at the link you provided and can see that it is a manufacturer website. At first glance it looked just like a blog about different types of valves.
@JonathanM Yes the is correct it is a 90 degree T-port flow pattern D valve. I couldn’t see from the link that you sent to actuation.co.uk if it was the same configuration?

Are there any well respected manufacturers that produce diverter valves with a full bore in this pattern.

Reactions: CBW
Would a 3 port MOMO diverter not work and then just modify the pipework orientation to suit? Depends on how it's being controlled I guess.

This is from Sunvic, be nice the the internal limit switches etc.

It also states that the Sunvic SDMV 2304 MoMO 22mm Mid Posn VLV has spring return so how does it hold position without any power?

This is the wiring diagram for the mid position valve (have deleted the others).

1714731283148.png

Last edited:
Yes, thats the whole point of them I think, I've seen a schematic for a Drayton MPV (MoMo) and it showed 4 limit switches in the actuator which switches the power off once any desired position is achieved.

Here is the patent for the MoMo type.

Last edited:
Could this not be a potential solution??? Or have I miss understood something?

1714745424045.png

Anyone have any experience with ESBE controls???

Yes! I think it can be combined with a ara600 to create a 3 way diverter valve for a high flow installation!

Exactly what I am looking for!

Thanks for all the assistance and comments!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back