tyvek advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to wrap a timber frame garage I'm building with Tyvek membrane but not too sure about what to attach it with, looking on the web our american friends seem to favour some sort of plastic headed nails wrap caps?)...bit like big drawing pins, I WAS going to just use a staple gun but now I'm not so sure this is the way to go....I'm wary of making too many holes in the membrane and defeating one of it's main functions!

Sponsored Links
thanks freddymercurystwin....Had a look at that site....even they don't mention special nails! but what about that tyvek jointing tape to secure overlaps is that "over thinking" too....not cheap at around 15 quid a roll.

Sponsored Links
Either get some generic double sided tape from Screwfix or wherever or just don't bother, you're building a garage not a new dwelling that will be air leakage tested.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back