UFH Flow Meters

Sponsored Links
Bernard also assumes I have the emissivity level set up correctly
I would only assume that having bought the equipment you would have learnt how to use it.

transit point for 5 loops and that there would be a higher concentration of pipework?

maybe the location of the transit point was not the optimum location due to the construction / room layout of the building

maybe the location of the transit point was not the optimum location due to the construction / room layout of the building

Maybe you haven't a clue ;).

I would only assume that having bought the equipment you would have learnt how to use it

The assumption might also be that I didn't take the pictures needing the figures to be accurate as the image was taken for locating and checking....

You really aught to use that free thinking hemisphere of your brain a little more ;).

Maybe you haven't a clue
About your house no, I do not know if you installed the heating or it was there when you moved in.

I do however have quite a lot of information about the heating and energy systems in the houses I have visited or researched over the years. From the very scientific Philips Experimental Houses ( http://passipedia.org/basics/the_pa...sive_versus_active_measures_in_europe_america as a starter on your research journey ) to the weird and wonderful houses at Future World Mliton Keynes 1994

Sponsored Links
An update, just FYI, I did remove the Flow Meters, (blanked with 1/2" plugs), andddddd, no that's not effective. What happens is that the first outlet port gets a lot of the flow and it diminishes at each port in the header from first to last, the Flow Meter stems in the header restrict the flow and help to restrict and therefore distribute the flow of hot water so there's more even pressure at the last port etc., I should have guessed, it's a bit like the old low-pressure plumbing we used to do year ago, but in reverse. So I re-installed the Meters and put them all on full flow, now the zones all heat well with upstairs thermostats set at 20 and the downsatirs at 25 we've got good heat throughout the house. With the 'room temperature' set at 35 on the boiler, (bear in mind that this is a theoretical number the Vitodens uses in conjunction with the outside temperature and the heating curve so that the Weather Compensation Option can decide what temperature it uses for heating water), we have heating running at between 50 and 60. I believe this higher than normal, but that's what I get for fitting floors too thick. There is an upside to thick floors tho, the heating goes off at 10pm and comes on again at 6am, at 3am this morning the room floors were still warm. I'm guessing the flooring acts like a heatsync so it's not all bad. Before anyone jumps in with 'it's too expensive', we currently pay £15.2 per month for combined gas and electricity for a 3 bed Terror Souse.

Thank you all for your comments, (they all help, at least in that they make you think), regards.

Bernard also assumes I have the emissivity level set up correctly
I would only assume that having bought the equipment you would have learnt how to use it.

transit point for 5 loops and that there would be a higher concentration of pipework?

The point is BG; it doesn't matter if there's a few degrees differance.

As a 'clown' and not an 'expert' I think I'd agree with that. I do get the distinct impression that there's a fair amount of BS around underfloor heating. But it is a really nice idea and very effective. I'd do it again, and hopefully next time I'll have learned by my past mistakes.

£15.20 a month for gas and electric!!!
I don't think your meter is connected.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back