UFH in extension kitchen/Diner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We are doing an extension to include a new kitchen diner 4.1 x 6.3m with 4.5m bifold doors. We want to put UFH in but have a few questions.
1. Will we get away with no rads?
2. Is a wet system better than electric? (only half the floor will be new extension)
3. What brands are best to go for?
4. We are going to lay quick-step laminate on top is that compatible?

Any other pearls of wisdom will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Sponsored Links
From my own experience:

1 Yes, but depends how much floor area remains after laying out the kitchen cabinets. Don't put heating under the cabinets it's a waste of energy.
2 Yes, electric is very expensive to run
3 They're all very similar. Depends on how your floor is constructed
4 Laminates are much more stable that engineered wood due to their mdf content. Wood veneer on ply (engineered) can have expansion and moisture content issues. Solid real wood is not good. Laminate will need a structural layer, eg chipboard or ply, if floor is timber joists.

Hope that helps.

Go for NuHeat, they're very helpful and will guarantee that their design will heat the room adequately

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't touch nu heat with a barge pole!
Over priced products and the quality of late has dropped massively.
They've also recently shafted me on a UFH job by sending my company some information then telling the customer it's all wrong. No surprise the customer lost faith and cancelled the job 24hrs before it was due to start leaving me with a lot of materials.
Avoid NU HEAT at all costs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back