UFH insulation

I believe The foil product is only good where the is a void of air and not suitable for underfloor

Sponsored Links
@A little Respect

Having seen that you are on the forum today, perhaps you can update us on the question of incompatible insulation materials raised last week ?

A simple question for me with relevance to the OP as well.

For use under a floor as insulation I presume that standard polystyrene does not have the required strength to theoretically prevent compression occuring? Even though I have seen cowboy builders using it!

Assuming that Kingspan is the best type of product, then is the standard type, as widely sold, the best material for underscreed or is there a better product for that application ?

Tony

Sponsored Links
@Agile

You can get flooring-grade PS.

PIR boards give best insulation when new but this diminishes over a few years as the insulating gas leaks out and is left with about same insulating value as PS.

When you factor in their much higher cost...............?

Don't know about different types.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back