Ugly Garden Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for some advice.

About half a of my garden is ugly concrete - about 40 sq meters (see pic). I think it is about 4 inches thick

I would love to get rid of it and turf instead but have no idea where to start!

Is it just a no go? How much do you think a pro would charge per square meter to remove or is a job others won't touch?

Cheers,J

View media item 75302

Sponsored Links
They just look like paving flags....have you tried prising one up?
Not such a bad job if you can get a skip alongside!
John :)

Not slabs - it looks like someone poured concrete then cut grooves in a chequered shape to give the appearance of slabs! And access is through the house!

In which case its a job for a bloomin' great sledge hammer together with an electric breaker if needs be......wheel barrows would be used to trek through the house to a skip.
The rest has to be your decision!!
John :)

Sponsored Links
As said break it up but offer it as hardcore on freecycle first before paying for a skip.

Maybe not an ideal solution but...how about putting some sort of edging around the area and putting bark down? It'll maybe move about a bit depending on how deep you lay it, and would probably need topped up now n then. You could make it look nice by putting some plant pots down or even leave a section somewhere as a patio or something.

Putting the grooves in was quite inventive of them!

I can feel my back going just thinking about breaking that up. Would people really want the broken concrete?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back