UK Gas regulations for extractor fans.......

Sponsored Links
It relies on drafts and huge volume that it occupies, 17 foot x 15 foot by 10 foot height, adjoins to passageways and a huge utility room 19foot by 12 foot and a lobby and and the fact air could also be drawn in from the drafts from the cellar ventiliation that is vented through this kitchen and utility room. The cellar draws air in from the front of the street and at the back of the building. Hard to visualise but if the plans were available you would know it has loads of places for fresh air to be drawn in. Including not forgetting drafty windows and doors.
I am pretty safe with regards to the amount of cooking we do, and rarely bake things in the oven.

Sponsored Links
Despite which, it maintains on average around 20 degrees Celcius, with my heating running (unfortuantely) continuously since October last year 24/7 and probably will terminate in mid to end of April , however, I only allow it to run at a very low flow temperature, my Vaillant 221 can go as low as 30 degrees flow, but i usually run it between 40 c to 50c when very cold like zero outside, and may be very occasionally I might have to run it around 60 when the weather is extreme cold and drafty. My heating is mainly on GF, no CH upstairs and we only use one bedroom upstairs other rooms are just locked shut, to save cold coming in from windows. (Not sure if it is the cold coming in or the heat going out :LOL:

My bills are the same as a 3 bed house being heated to extreme temperatures like 70c+ on a timed period to a maximum of 12 hours per day with thermostat cutting in, but mine runs steady keeping the thermal mass steady, all i am doing is replenishing heat loss so around £4.40 per day on average which is .
Just checked the current temperature registered at 21.4C and the boiler flow temperature 45C . ( Who needs condensing boiler? which wouldn't be efficient at this flow temprature)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back