UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

Wrong.
Printing more money makes inflation higher and makes your money worth less.
Dunso this is as basic as it gets
Actually you are wrong Quantitative easing does not necessarily cause inflation.

if you look at the UK economy, the BoE has used QE on a number of occasions since 2008 and inflation rate has stayed very low, which disproves your claim.

Sponsored Links
I didn't start the thread. Anyway, Notch has form for lying as you will no doubt be aware under one of your previous user names.
You are the one lying.

You said you have proof your Sainsburys has suffered no stock outs and no price rises due to Brexit……but you don’t have any proof, you just keep swerving and squirming.

prices have to go up

No, they don't "have" to, sellers "choose" to because they can if items are in short supply.

but the covid money did the opposite, it paid people to do nothing

It paid people to stay at home in the face of a worldwide pandemic. The furlough scheme saved millions of jobs, presumably you would rather businesses just closed and then dealt with the chaos that would have followed.

You are the one lying.

You said you have proof your Sainsburys has suffered no stock outs and no price rises due to Brexit……but you don’t have any proof, you just keep swerving and squirming.
You’re just embarrassing yourself now. Off you go and start another thread with a lie.

Sponsored Links
Printing money is inflation
Quantitative Easing is not as simple as printing money, it should really be described as reserve creation.
pit is an asset swap. It swaps treasury securities for cash.

The linkage between QE and money supply is indirect.

Banks will use new reserves to create Money, but only when reserves are an active constraint on lending.

When banks do not wish to lend and or borrowers do not wish to borrow, then reserves are an inactive constraint

QE can be either inflationary or deflationary.

You’re just embarrassing yourself now. Off you go and start another thread with a lie.
I’ve shown your empty argument up for what it is: a sham.
and now you are having a hissy fit.

You will always lose brexit debates because you beliefs are based on emotions not facts, evidence, data.

Minge eater and Andy are pretty much on the money. Switzerland is one of the few countries in Europe not to have brought in QE, their inflation rate is about 2%.
QE is devaluation by another name, which equals inflation. Let's put it another way, QE, devaluation, what was once a quid is now worth ten bob, the average joe is f****d, the prices might look similar in the shops, but that tenner in yer hand is actually a fiver.

When UK devalued the quid in the 60's or 70's it was an international embarrassment, devaluing a currency? wtf? Now, it's an accepted monetary manouvre, slip more money into the system, smoke and mirrors, magic money, great stuff.

As an aside, I don't disagree with any of the smoke and mirrors and magic money tree stuff, I just hope nobody ever works out WTF is going on.

I’ve shown your empty argument up for what it is: a sham.
and now you are having a hissy fit.

You will always lose brexit debates because you beliefs are based on emotions not facts, evidence, data.
I think any pretence of a debate ended with you avoiding telling me what you couldn’t get in your supermarket because of Brexit. That was six or seven swerves ago. Seems like yesterday - you’ve been swerving so much I’m surprised your head hasn’t come off.

Quantitative Easing is not as simple as printing money, it should really be described as reserve creation.
pit is an asset swap. It swaps treasury securities for cash.

The linkage between QE and money supply is indirect.

Banks will use new reserves to create Money, but only when reserves are an active constraint on lending.

When banks do not wish to lend and or borrowers do not wish to borrow, then reserves are an inactive constraint

QE can be either inflationary or deflationary.

**** off, you truly are, completely and utterly f*****g mental. QE is not as simple as printing money? **** off Notch you're deranged, go and join a children's forum, you're not fit to debate with adults.

**** off, you truly are, completely and utterly f*****g mental. QE is not as simple as printing money? **** off Notch you're deranged, go and join a children's forum, you're not fit to debate with adults.
I am sorry it’s too complicated for you.

I suggest you stay with waving flags, it’s more your thing.

I think any pretence of a debate ended with you avoiding telling me what you couldn’t get in your supermarket because of Brexit. That was six or seven swerves ago. Seems like yesterday - you’ve been swerving so much I’m surprised your head hasn’t come off.

I never said there was nothing I couldn’t get in a supermarket.
What I said was that Brexit has led to significant supply chain constraints leading to stock outs. It’s a rolling problem.

Enjoy:

“The crisis facing supply chains late last year was so serious that Boris Johnson brought in Sir David Lewis, a former CEO of Tesco, to be his emergency tsar, with a mission to bang heads together and get food back on supermarket shelves.

The food and drink industry had been badly hit. Headlines appeared almost daily about household names such as McDonald’s, Greggs, and Nando’s, as well as the major supermarkets, running out of items.

The disruption, which led to a flood of images on social media of empty shelves, was blamed primarily on chronic labour shortages: a combination of Covid and stricter immigration rules brought in after Brexit exacerbating a dearth of lorry drivers in the UK, on top of insufficient numbers of pickers, butchers, warehouse workers, and other staff in the supply chain”

here you go Mottie, perhaps you can explain what the words “that means there is LESS CHOICE” means.

“Colleagues are coping by reducing product lines,” he says. “Ultimately, that means there is less choice and if you go into a supermarket now, it’s like going back to the 1990s.

Now, it's an accepted monetary manouvre, slip more money into the system, smoke and mirrors, magic money, great stuff.
It doesn't make much difference between countries that do it by similar proportions. Devaluation is impossible once countries ceased to maintain a value as they once did. If for instance the £ fell they would buy to force the price back up. The snake to get into the euro worked like that. It proved too expensive so we dropped out. The term that used to be used was runs on the £. A bloke that did one that is famous said he shouldn't be able to do it by law but he could so did.

I came across an article that said the fed were always doing it. Pass as I didn't look further. I wonder if it's down to trade balances as more is going out than coming in. This is I suspect what they mean by the money supply. More complications though - foreign currency reserves. Perhaps all your $ and £ finish up in some ones reserves so you run out and have to make more.

These days a currency is worth what the money market is prepared to pay for it. This is why countries can find their currency crashes. Turkey has had a bit of that due to actions by the Saudis. So has Afghanistan also money supply as their assets were frozen.

Anyway my wife reports milk has gone up twice recently over 2 weeks and it's over 9%. Certain things suggest we can expect more of the same. Maybe even milk shortages which will push prices up. Certain other things where fetiliser is needed as well.

It doesn't make much difference between countries that do it by similar proportions. Devaluation is impossible once countries ceased to maintain a value as they once did. If for instance the £ fell they would buy to force the price back up. The snake to get into the euro worked like that. It proved too expensive so we dropped out. The term that used to be used was runs on the £. A bloke that did one that is famous said he shouldn't be able to do it by law but he could so did.

I came across an article that said the fed were always doing it. Pass as I didn't look further. I wonder if it's down to trade balances as more is going out than coming in. This is I suspect what they mean by the money supply. More complications though - foreign currency reserves. Perhaps all your $ and £ finish up in some ones reserves so you run out and have to make more.

These days a currency is worth what the money market is prepared to pay for it. This is why countries can find their currency crashes. Turkey has had a bit of that due to actions by the Saudis. So has Afghanistan also money supply as their assets were frozen.

Anyway my wife reports milk has gone up twice recently over 2 weeks and it's over 9%. Certain things suggest we can expect more of the same. Maybe even milk shortages which will push prices up. Certain other things where fetiliser is needed as well.

Agree with much of that John, I'd add that the Euro doesn't actually qualify as a sovereign currency, it's only in recent years had some sort of makeshift bank to back up it's existence, smoke and mirrors, one day, the wind might blow that smoke away.

As for the price of milk, as your wife says, it's getting more expensive, the flipside is that UK dairy farmers might, if they're lucky, survive.

Google the words 'dairy crisis in the eu', massive problems with over supply and surplus, I'm happy to pay a little more to ensure a sustainable business model.

Sponsored Links
Back