UK inflation 80% caused by brexit

Again Mottie... Don't cook half baked truths and sell here..
Hmmm. 330 posts and you come up with that. Go and look at post #4 with reference to post #1 and come back and tell me about half baked truths.

Sponsored Links
Well spotted, and employers are well aware that if they pay below a certain level, universal credit kicks in to top it up.
TBH having been exposed to the very top on a few occasions they couldn't care 2 hoots. The active director level below that isn't as bad but needs to be. Interesting quote from one of those - there is only one problem with the Tory, their idea of a business. He was a manufacturing man. He would also be aware that new products can involve a certain degree of wasted money so is fond of people who get it right. He like to see people spend some of their money on decent clothes :) thought I did better than my gaffer at the time.

Universal credit. Do this sort of thing to allow people to be paid less. Might be based on hours or normal full time. I've always thought bad news as once it's started how to cure - tricky. The positive aspect is that it distributes some of the tax take to where it's needed. Not much either as it seems to come out of the NI take. NHS is largely funded from PAYE etc. Tax credits will I assume come out of that too.

The UK though. A manufacturing plant. A German visits and asks about shop floor wages - amazed that people will work for so little. The view of the bloke that ran them - pay too much and no encouragement to work overtime when needed. Pay the min local local going rate anyway. That believe it or not does relate to the local area. This one was located in Redditch - lower pay than B'ham.

So you’re saying that without Brexit the UK would be looking at 1% annual inflation compared to an average of 7.8% inflation that’s occurring in the rest of Europe? Pull the other one.
I don't understand what you are asking so perhaps your reply was to someone else's post.

But anyway, the figures you mention are price rise indexes. Inflation literally means an increase in the money supply. It causes price rises, not the other way around as we are led to believe.

Actually when figures was quoted France's was rather lower than others - probably energy related.. Germany from memory a bit lower than ours.
Maybe those two but there are a fair few more than those in the EU. Have a look at post #2 for details of other European countries compared to us.

Sponsored Links
Maybe those two but there are a fair few more than those in the EU. Have a look at post #2 for details of other European countries compared to us.
So what - Turkey's is running at 73%. One of my concerns for some time has been the UK finding itself in a similar position. Nah you'll say but all sorts are possible.

Well spotted, and employers are well aware that if they pay below a certain level, universal credit kicks in to top it up.
In other words a huge failure of the government you vote for

It’s wrong

UK inflation is 9%

fork all to do with increase in supply of money
We are paying twice as much for everything now because of the funny money that was created to pay for all those who had their snouts in the covid trough first.

We are paying twice as much for everything now because of the funny money that was created to pay for all those who had their snouts in the covid trough first.

This thread is about inflation due to Brexit.

and they are caused by:

brexit red tape
and
labour shortages

covid fraud may be wrong but it has no impact on inflation.

think about it, the UK now has a debt of 2 trillion, add in say £10b of covid fraud, that adds bugger all to debt repayment.

think about it, the UK now has a debt of 2 trillion, add in say £10b of covid fraud, that adds bugger all to debt rerepayment.
There was £400 billion in covid funny money, all of which was a fraud.

Notch have you thought about what we discussed earlier, i.e. how to harness the 5 million out of work for the benefit of the economy?

Or do you just want to give them more money, adding to the debt and letting them rot?

Sponsored Links
Back