UK loses democracy

I think you're confusing a pre-general election tory govt.
No, this govt are absolutely hopeless -the whole cabinet are a bunch of brexit sycophants.

Johnson's bluster shows him up as the person he is: lazy, unprepared and no attention to detail, he is very poor against Starmer.

they are desperate to avoid scrutiny in the commons, hence why they are doing everything they can to make it difficult for the opposition to challenge

Sponsored Links
then who chooses who can attend or not?

Hopefully Dominic Cummings chooses.
And keeps treacherous remoaners well away from parliament as traitors don't deserve democracy.

If the various parties and members of them can't scrutinise it ceases to be a democracy.

Where things may be get twisted is in respect to the whips aspect. Just choose those that will follow what he cabinet ( ;) etc ) wants to do what ever it is.

Real problem is lack of adaptability. Can't get used to video conferencing as some find when it's tried in other areas. Dinosaurs and general aspects belong in the dark ages. An anachronism.

LOL There are some people who feel that The House should be done away with and the people moved into modern premisses. Then The House could be filled with suitable out of work actors to hold debates, PM question times etc mock ups for tourists. They could even use fancy dress now and again to simulate earlier times.

If there is one example of restriction on democracy, is the extension of the review period from 21 days to 28 days. We were "sold" the Covid laws on the basis that they would be reviewed regularly. Well that just got less regular.

Sponsored Links
as traitors don't deserve democracy.
thats absolutely correct

every person that voted for Johnson, voted for a break up of the United Kingdom with a stonking great internal border.
anybody that voted for Johnson is a treacherous traitor and does not deserve democracy, which is fine because Brexit wont deliver democracy, it throws it away.

thats absolutely correct

every person that voted for Johnson, voted for a break up of the United Kingdom with a stonking great internal border.
anybody that voted for Johnson is a treacherous traitor and does not deserve democracy, which is fine because Brexit wont deliver democracy, it throws it away.

I'm quite sure you voted for Johnson, are you therefore a treacherous traitor ??

Off topic. :) For fun.
I used to work with a number of people who always looked the same. One of the tricks they used was weekly haircuts. Has any one else noticed something about politicians and a number of others?

LOL Some one once mentioned me having my hair cut only when needed. Work of course. Thought get knotted.

If there is one example of restriction on democracy, is the extension of the review period from 21 days to 28 days. We were "sold" the Covid laws on the basis that they would be reviewed regularly. Well that just got less regular.
The emergency parliamentary 'rules' were set at three monthly intervals for an apparent maximum of two years.
However there is no automatic 'sunset clause'.
Just a vote required for continuation, and of course given the parliamentary make up that is just a formality.

And with rees mogg in charge of bringing back politics only for the elite, then all we need wait for is the enabling act!

Sponsored Links
Back