UK Policy of tackling covid through herd immunity

Sponsored Links
Is it?
Is it reckoned to be any "younger" than London?

They appear to use the term about the age of people that live in it. Rather a lot travel in daily though and the hospitals in B'ham handle some patients from all around the midlands - often the more serious cases.

Endgame?

You're about as much use as a fart in a space suit(y)
And about as funny as toothache:mrgreen:

The dates are wrong for B'ham anyway. It was a collection of villages that took a long time to join up. They are all districts now and some rather close, no gap, have also joined up but not counted as B'ham.

Sponsored Links
UK Gov won't mandate business closures, Gov would have to pay compensation as they mandated closures Simply

There is no shutdown coming UK Gov is 100% prepared to accept the deaths this will cause because they won't spend money protecting small business

You got that prediction wrong!

China is now experiencing a second wave of Virus suffers as from today 34 recorded cases , this means that those who have had the virus their immune system is weakened and they are now subject to the virus again .

No it doesn't.

It means that those who never had exposure to the virus in the first place have come out of lockdown, and subsequently been exposed.
Some of whom have got really ill.

This is why no country that has implemented lockdown has any viable current strategy for coming out of lockdown....

No it doesn't.

It means that those who never had exposure to the virus in the first place have come out of lockdown, and subsequently been exposed.
Some of whom have got really ill.

This is why no country that has implemented lockdown has any viable current strategy for coming out of lockdown....

Thats a scary thought: worse case scenario, lockdown is needed until there is a vaccine produced......7.5 billion of them.

I went for a wander again today - my now customary three mile walk - while listening to the latest CV news.
Vaccine expert on. Reckons at least 12 months, being optimistic and also managing to make and distribute 7 billion doses.

To do this , there's going to have to be some cutting - edge science, done at breakneck speed.
What about a doomsday scenario for ya?
Almost everyone on earth gets a dose of this revolutionary vaccine .
And then people start dying of cancers, or are found to have been rendered infertile, or any offspring are stillborn or disabled......

Earth 2.0 in less than 100 years......

I've heard that for 3 days now that China has had no more cases crop up but are quarantining visitors. ;) Trump might say different.

r any offspring are stillborn or disabled.....

My mum was offered thalidamide, when pregnant with my elder sister, so lack of testing has its risks.

Surprisingly thalidamide is still made, used for leprosy

Surprisingly thalidamide is still made, used for leprosy

I read the other day that scientists are trawling a load of current drugs and treatments (as they have known safety, up to a point) for use against CV.

A bit like getting a boner was a side effect of viagara, which was actually developed to treat high blood pressure, and angina pain.....

Anyone noticed that if they go to the doctors for some other reason, they notice you have a cut and they ask about tetanus jabs and they may be keen to give you one. I asked why. Seems it's good for the immune system. :) Maybe we should all be inoculated against everything we can think of asap.

Seriously. I heard about one aspect they are wondering about. The lethal part where the immune system starts destroying organs but immediately thought that China should have some idea if there was any mileage in this area. Aids drugs was mentioned though. Others are looking at why some and not all get to this phase. They are using the samples that have been taken. Seems this area isn't just age related - recovery on a ventilator is - maybe, info is scant.

Aids drugs are anti - retro virals; they inhibit viruses. So may have some benefit against CV.
Seems this area isn't just age related - recovery on a ventilator is - maybe, info is scant.

AFAIK, being on a ventilator just keeps you alive longer, until your body either fights off the CV itself, or you die anyway.....

The ventilator doesn't treat you in itself.

Sponsored Links
Back