UKIP 'Statistic'

Yes of course, but more than that. Nigel Farage is, in my opinion, the only party leader who appears to genuinely want what is best for this country.

The rest want what is best for themselves.

I have nothing with which to back up my statement, but it's the distinct impression I get from having heard him.

And that is perfectly a reasonable basis for giving his party your vote.

But if that intention by others has been influenced by their misuse of statistics, then it is important that they are challenged.

A bit like Farage's assertion that no British person could do the job that his secretary does.

Hence his favouite saying to his secretary:

Well blow me.

Sponsored Links
On the subject of balance by the BBC, Farage has appeared on Question Time more often than any other politician this year.

On the subject of balance by the BBC, Farage has appeared on Question Time more often than any other politician this year.

Thats because he as something to say,the other muppets are in a zombie government where by they are breaking up early because they have nothing to debate.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR

Thats because he as something to say,the other muppets are in a zombie government where by they are breaking up early because they have nothing to debate.

Yes, he is good TV. But it gives the lie somewhat to claims that there is an anti -UKIP bias in the BBC.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Farage's most recent appearance on QT was an interesting watch. The other panel members had nothing to say of their own policies, just spent most of the programme shouting down anything he had to say and generally slagging off UKIP. Goes to show how worried they are of his popularity.

• Thanks
Yes, he is good TV. But it gives the lie somewhat to claims that there is an anti -UKIP bias in the BBC.

Yes, it's a well-known fact that the BBC are left-wing, just as the Daily Mail are Tory supporters. Both slag off UKIP and Our Nige at every opportunity - well, certainly the DM does.

I've always been a DM reader, but I'm beginning to get a bit fed up with them now.

Farage's most recent appearance on QT was an interesting watch. The other panel members had nothing to say of their own policies, just spent most of the programme shouting down anything he had to say and generally slagging off UKIP. Goes to show how worried they are of his popularity.

They certainly did, and they certainly are!

I see Nigel Farage has now been accused of a racial slur, for saying "people would be concerned if a group of Romanians, moved in next door."
Milibland has jumped on the bandwagon and Nick Clegg has said "The remarks have no place in modern Britain... Hasn't our Nick thought this through? I reckon a high percentage of the British public would be concerned if a group of Romanians ,, moved in next door..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27459923

I wonder who lives next door to Milibland and Clegg,, and what nationality they are??? (it's a fair bet they aren't Romanians) ;)

I see Nigel Farage has now been accused of a racial slur, for saying "people would be concerned if a group of Romanians, moved in next door."
Milibland has jumped on the bandwagon and Nick Clegg has said "The remarks have no place in modern Britain... Hasn't our Nick thought this through? I reckon a high percentage of the British public would be concerned if a group of Romanians ,, moved in next door..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27459923

I wonder who lives next door to Milibland and Clegg,, and what nationality they are??? (it's a fair bet they aren't Romanians) ;)

Well I certainly would be.

The trouble is that Nigel is willing to say what many feel but most would be afraid to say... in this 'country of free speech'.

All of this witch-hunting and fault-finding makes me hope even more that UKIP will receive solid support, not only in the EU and local elections, but also in the general election next year.

If the majority of the electorate decide to vote to continue the pantomime of Labour v. Conservative, then they will have no-one but themselves to blame.

I feel that this is our last chance to save the country.

Totally agree JBR. As I see things, there's nothing wrong with being worried about the level of immigration into this small island. Do these politicians who support immigration, on the scale we have, really think they are in touch with the bloody electorate? Nah,,,, I think they have their heids buried in the sand. As I said earlier, I wonder what nationality Ed and Nick's neighbours are?? (clue,, I bet their not from f*****g Romania.

• Thanks
Totally agree JBR. As I see things, there's nothing wrong with being worried about the level of immigration into this small island.

Absolutely correct.
There's also nothing wrong with discussing it, as a poblem, if that's how you perceive it.

As I said earlier, I wonder what nationality Ed and Nick's neighbours are?? (clue,, I bet their not from f*****g Romania.
This is where you resort to petty racial abuse to make your point.
As soon as you use abusive language to support your argument, you've lost your audience, or at least those who thought they might have a sensible discussion.

Don't forget that Nigel said later:
Asked about his comments on Sunday during an interview with ITV, Mr Farage said: "I regret the fact that I was, sort of, completely tired out, and I didn't chose, I didn't use the form of words in response that I would have liked to have used....../ Taken fom the same source as yours.

As soon as you use abusive language to support your argument, you've lost your audience, or at least those who thought they might have a sensible discussion.

The audience is lost as soon as you join in.

Its between 15 and 50% which is far too much.
Eventually it will be 100%. That is their goal!
I have to issues with this.

One is, that I disagree with the suggestion that the should not be a European union or an effect on our laws.
- Ingredient font size was mentioned earlier. I see no harm in the UK adoption EU policy on this and support it. Clearly if the EU policy became ridiculous I would also support dropping it in favor of our own local one.
- Do you have any EU laws that you disagree with with in particular? Prehaps a counter example would help me see it your way?

Second one is, why do you feel its the EU's wish to have 100% control of UK law? Why, given we are a member state and have control in what the EU says, do you make it a 'us vs them' battle.

I fully support suggestions that EU guidance needs to be, at time times, be challenged and or dropped. Maybe even that some of the things we already follow need to be reviewed. But in the mean time I feel it works quite well.
- Would you prefer it if you have to pay £150 for a years visa to France for your holidays.

Daniel

The audience is lost as soon as you join in.
Maybe, but I join in because there has been an instance of abuse, namely, by jockscot on this occasion.

- Ingredient font size was mentioned earlier. I see no harm in the UK adoption EU policy on this and support it.

It costs manufacturers money, maybe it is worthwhile, maybe the law is sensible, maybe it isnt. Either way all our euro mp's together only control about 7% of the vote, and many of these such laws are not really settle in the eu parliment anyway but by autrcratic bodies.

"x law doesnt do much harm" isnt much of a defense for an undemocratic system.

Second one is, why do you feel its the EU's wish to have 100% control of UK law?

The EU "parliment" is an institution, institutions always further their own interests, this isnt some cloak and dagger conspiracy, or some evil mastermind plot of theirs, its just how it is, institutions always look to expand.

History will tell you this, its why so many constitutions in so many countries are written to limit the power of government.

Sponsored Links
Back