UKIP 'Statistic'

It costs manufacturers money, maybe it is worthwhile, maybe the law is sensible, maybe it isnt.

"x law doesnt do much harm" isnt much of a defense for an undemocratic system.
I dont think having to put the ingredient on the packet costs them that much. Yes it might take an hour to work out the legal requirement, rather than 10minutes to have a bit of a guess, but once you have done it once its done.

I didnt say 'doesnt do much harm' I said it does NO harm. If we didnt follow EU rule, on it we would have to make up our own, or have no regulation on whats on the label. Work out the cost that one!

Second one is, why do you feel its the EU's wish to have 100% control of UK law?
The EU "parliament" is an institution, institutions always further their own interests, this isn't some cloak and dagger conspiracy, or some evil mastermind plot of theirs, its just how it is, institutions always look to expand.[/quote]Institution 'an organisation founded for a religious, educational, professional, or social purpose' like any other government or organisation....

Sponsored Links
- Would you prefer it if you have to pay £150 for a years visa to France for your holidays.

I would expect that my visa to France would cost me the same as visiting the US on holiday.......zero.

I would expect that my visa to France would cost me the same as visiting the US on holiday.......zero.
Its a fair point, but who would set it and negotiate it, the US is zero, Turkey is £10 on arrival, India is £150 and takes weeks....

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Its a fair point, but who would set it and negotiate it, the US is zero, Turkey is £10 on arrival, India is £150 and takes weeks....

Daniel
There's reciprical arrangements fo visas, US-UK for example.
Probably UK-France would also have a similar arrangement. I think they might have done pior to the EU.
I've never bought a visa for my travels prior to EU formation for France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, or Switzerland.
I certainly can remember the joy of being able to travel around Europe without border controls, after the formation of EU.

Back