UKIPs Bloomer

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Labour will get in on a social holiday ticket where the deadbeats vote for an easy life.

You're probably right, unfortunately.

On the other hand, for pensioners like me it may not be so bad: pensions will go up, taxes will go down, fuel duty will be removed, everything will be free.

Then, by the time I've turned my toes up, the country will have joined the third world.

No point. Without PR they can NEVER get elected. Are you that thick you can't work that out? Four Kinell. :rolleyes:

No point. Without PR they can NEVER get elected. Are you that thick you can't work that out? Four Kinell. :rolleyes:

If all their supporters think like that they never will.

Vote for the party you want.

Right then we'll settle PR for once and for all. Nice and simple......
3 people stand in an election. The electorate get 2 votes for their first choice and second choice.
Candidate A polls 40% of the first preference votes.
Candidate B polls 40% of the first preference votes'
leaving candidate C with only 20% of first preference votes. (looks like he's lost doesn't it)

However, candidate C has 80% of second preference votes. (because A voters don't want B and B voters don't want A. C as second preference is actually a wasted vote
Candidate C wins, simply because he was most peoples second choice.
Not exactly fair though is it?
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

We don't need PR if people can see sense. In a hypothetical constituency:

Con = 30%
Lab = 29%
Lib = 5%
UKIP = 31%
Others = 5%

UKIP gets a seat.

Apart from some 'safe seats' this is not unfeasible. Surely by now, people have just had enough of the two 'main parties'.

Nope. They revert to type at the election. The swinging voter is the one that changes governments - and they are usually fools. "He looks like a nice chap, let's give him a go."

Sponsored Links
Back