Ukraine counter offensive

Sponsored Links
Nukes cost a fortune to maintain in a state that they will actually work.

As likely that the money to maintain them was siphoned off, and the stuff to maintain them with was sold off, as anything else.

Who knows, but if his nuclear forces are in the same state as his conventional ones then we won't have much to worry about.

The Russian army were supposed to be up there amongst the best but they can't even quell much smaller forces in a neighbouring country, which should be a cakewalk for the size of army they have. Well, at least the army we thought they had. I don't think anyone could have believed just how inept they are.

you both make very valid points, and very true everything about their role as a world super-power has been far diminished from our expectations - but would you really risk our future on the hunch that their nukes might not work, all of them?

The Russians created modern Ukraine, maybe they want to fix that mistake.
IF you are right, and I don't think you are, then the west is intervening in a civil war, and not a war of different countries.

We must be breaking international law, or your facts must be wrong.

Even Vlad has not claimed it is a civil war

Sponsored Links
Vlad's forces have made little impact in 12 months. He thought it would all be over in weeks.
It could be all over in weeks if both sides compromised.
If the Russians agreed to withdraw completely and the EU and its military wing Nato agreed to stay away from Ukraine there could be peace.
A neutral non aligned Ukraine could become a successful democratic country.

It could be all over in weeks if both sides compromised.
If the Russians agreed to withdraw completely and the EU and its military wing Nato agreed to stay away from Ukraine there could be peace.
A neutral non aligned Ukraine could become a successful democratic country.
Why should Ukraine compromise ? Any war could be over on day 1, if they just said "you win"

Ukraine was a democratic country before this.

Why are you such a supporter of Russia, or more specifically Putin

So Ukraine, an independent sovereign country cannot make choices that other countries make, if they so wish? Bullies cannot be allowed to win.

Vlad has already pushed a neighbouring country to seek NATO membership because of his actions. Like I said, thick as two short planks...

I don't think he is that stupid, but who knows. Either way, bullies can't be allowed to win.
you are very right, he can't be allowed to win.

Would he be so stupid ? as there is no future for him as a looser, he may just choose to go out with a bang, a very very big bang along with a giant mushroom cloud

I think it is right that we support Ukraine 100%, I would give them more and bigger weapons. But what putin might do when he looses very mush scares me.

you are very right, he can't be allowed to win.

Would he be so stupid ? as there is no future for him as a looser, he may just choose to go out with a bang, a very very big bang along with a giant mushroom cloud

I think it is right that we support Ukraine 100%, I would give them more and bigger weapons. But what putin might do when he looses very mush scares me.
And that is the very condundrum we are in.

But we have to support. Russia needs to know it cannot take on the world. But it can live peacefully alongside everybody else

Like I said, thick as two short planks...

Less that methinks, but more a case of absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Add to that a paranoia meaning he doesn't even trust his sycophantic "yes men", the fact that he's in up to his neck, and that he's on his last legs (regardless of illness, he's not a young man), he's going down a "fudge it!" path.

As a general point

What would the US make of Russian troops stationed on there border

Say Mexico or canada ???

As a general point

What would the US make of Russian troops stationed on there border

Say Mexico or canada ???

The fact that the Russians had invaded Canada or Mexico would be of great concern in itself (to more countries than just the US), I would wager (y)

Sponsored Links
Back