Unable to find CH draincock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to drain down my CH system to remove a radiator but cannot trace the draincock. I assumed it would be on one of the ground rad valves (probably close to the boiler) but there are none. In fact, the only two draincocks I can find are at the main stopcock and on the inlet to a cloakroom cistern.

Please can anyone advise.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sometimes the original installers is a star and pipes a drain off outside the house, so have a look out side

also maybe they installed one by the boiler, what boiler do you have?

if not hoselock tap fittings fit lovel on a rad valve :)

The boiler is an oil fired Danesmoor and I have checked this but no sign here either. I've also checked outside but to no avail.

All seems a little strange - I note the previous owners cleaned / replaced inhibitor in the system from time to time so how did the engineer drain the system?

Please can you clarify your last suggestion.

Isolate one of the rads, drain it down, pop a hose connector on to a rad valve, connect a hose to the hose connector, open the rad valve, drain down, do want ever you want, cut in a new drain off some where, put inhibiter in, refill and bob will defo be you mums brother

Sponsored Links
corgiman said:
sometimes the original installers is a star and pipes a drain off outside the house, so have a look out side
IF you see any in Sussex..they`re mine ;) :cool: :cool:

Well I took that as read mate

# :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

nige f IS plumbings answer to BOND :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back