Unable to Get Proper Seal on Coram Shower Tray and Trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Coram Slimline Shower Tray and it came with a 90mm trap made by Opella (who I think are Fluidmaster). When I fit the trap to the tray I get a small drip underneath. I think the water is getting underneath the plastic fitting which sits on top of the showertray (over the waste hole) and then seeping out over the top of the rubber seal which sits underneath the tray and on top of the trap. I have tried tightening the trap thread lightly and then gradually making it tighter and tighter, testing on each turn. I have also tried another trap (same make/model) but no luck. I have considered using silicone sealant but Coram recommend that you don't do this. Anyone out there with any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links
Yep, silicone sealant :p I doubt you'd get a seal without it, frankly.
Not all situations call for a washer between the outlet rose and the tray, if there is one......it all depends on the design.
John :)

Thanks John. I've tried all sorts of things this morning and I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion, despite Coram's advice.

Sponsored Links
Well in my ignorance I use it all the time for trays......you sure don't need a leak beneath the floor! I've never seen any adverse affects whatsoever and thats been on plastic and stone resin trays.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back