Unable to screw toilet flush button back on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have one of the newer-style button flush toilets, the plastic flush mechanism is made by SIAMP. Looking at the manufacturer site, it looks like a Skipper 36A (Mechanisms >> Dual Flush >> Skipper 36A).

Anyway, a while back I realised that the cistern lid felt a bit loose and discovered that one of the white plastic arms was broken. So I took the top off, glued it back together and refitted it. However, I now can't screw the button back on. It won't turn in the thread.

With the cistern lid removed I can hold onto the mechanism and screw it on (so it seems I'm doing it right), but with the lid back on it seems impossible to get it to turn without turning the mechanism as well (which would break it again, presumably). There's not enough room to get my hand under the lid to hold it while screwing the button back on.

Is there just a "knack" to it? Is there something I can use to lubricate it? I've tried cleaning the threads but that didn't help.

I can still flush the toilet, but this is one of those annoyances...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
These things can be a knightmare at times.

Some types of syphons i.e the bit you are screwing the button onto can be height adjusted. I remember having a bit of trouble with one of these and it turned out that the syphon was set too low. Try adjusting the height either up or down.

Might fix it, might not. Just one of these annoying little things that we have to overcome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back