Unable to set hot water temp on Glow Worm 25r

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hope somebody can help. According to the manual for the boiler we have, glow worm easicom 25r, we should be able to set the how water temperature via the menu button. Once we cycle through and choose the tap symbol, we are supposed to use the + and - to set the temp.
However, the display just shows -- and will not move. (see attached instruction sheet)

The system, as far as my knowledge goes, is a closed system. We have a hot water cylinder and some kind of pressure vessel just above the pipes in the airing cupboard.
Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• IMG_6594 copy.jpg
    IMG_6594 copy.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,078
Sponsored Links
your hot water temp will be adjusted either on the hot water cylinder or on the controls. what controls do you have?

your hot water temp will be adjusted either on the hot water cylinder or on the controls. what controls do you have?
Sorry, what 'controls' do you mean? There is a programmable timer for heating and water but I dont think it sets water temp?
I'm not aware of any controls on the hot water cylinder itself either?

the boiler you have is a heat only boiler. unless you have glowworm smart controls fitted then the hot water function is not used. ( this control panel is used on the combi version boiler as well).

the boiler only uses the heating temp. it uses controls to decide whether it heats the hot water or the heating.

Sponsored Links
post a pic of your unvented HW Cylinder, it will have a thermostat, is the water too hot or too cold

Hi,
Hope somebody can help. According to the manual for the boiler we have, glow worm easicom 25r, we should be able to set the how water temperature via the menu button. Once we cycle through and choose the tap symbol, we are supposed to use the + and - to set the temp.
However, the display just shows -- and will not move. (see attached instruction sheet)

The system, as far as my knowledge goes, is a closed system. We have a hot water cylinder and some kind of pressure vessel just above the pipes in the airing cupboard.
Thanks for any advice!
Hi Dirky, not sure if you'll get a notification about this and I know it's quite late, but were you ever able to fix this issue? I have the same model boiler and issue that you posted about. Can only adjust radiator temperatures and not the taps as there is the double minus on the interface that won't let me adjust temperatures. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this, thank you!

Hi Dirky, not sure if you'll get a notification about this and I know it's quite late, but were you ever able to fix this issue? I have the same model boiler and issue that you posted about. Can only adjust radiator temperatures and not the taps as there is the double minus on the interface that won't let me adjust temperatures. Please let me know if you were able to resolve this, thank you!
Better to start your own thread really, but same question to you as the OP - what controls do you have?

If you have a cylinder, the boiler will not know whether it is producing heat for the radiators, or the hot water cylinder, so normally there can only be one boiler setting for the flow temperature.

Better to start your own thread really, but same question to you as the OP - what controls do you have?
Thanks! I wasn't there when things were installed so not too familiar with all the boiler jargon like water cylinders and whatnot, but these images show what I'm working with.

Attachments

• 20240111_131238.jpg
    20240111_131238.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 20240111_131245.jpg
    20240111_131245.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 54

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back