Unblocking 22mm macerator pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think the 22mm pipework attached to my macerator has a blockage as the macerator doesn't turn off. It's a maxiflush by edincare. It's a re-badged German brand (though I can't remember the brand)

The pipe run is approximately 7 meters.

I was thinking of attaching the pressure washer to the pipe work, but I can't work out or find any adaptors to do this, I have an old karcher k1.

I'm not convinced the old fashioned method with the wire spring will do the job, when using it on the waste pipe in the bathroom I only had to go a couple of meters and it was a nightmare, kept getting stuck on bends and all sorts

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Get your mouth on there and blow :sick: .... only kidding of course.

Put a 22mm to 15mm reducer with a little piece of 15mm pipe on the 22mm pipe, attach a garden hose to the 15mm pipe then turn the mains on (slowly), I would hope that would be enough.

Think the 22mm pipework attached to my macerator has a blockage as the macerator doesn't turn off. It's a maxiflush by edincare. It's a re-badged German brand (though I can't remember the brand)

The pipe run is approximately 7 meters.

I was thinking of attaching the pressure washer to the pipe work, but I can't work out or find any adaptors to do this, I have an old karcher k1.

Any help appreciated
It is a re brand of a French unit not the East German brand that begins with a V. Replacing the 21.5mm pipe with the correct sized pipe would help as well.
Adding more water at presure MIGHT clear the problem or it might just condense the problem.

Are you feeling lucky?

Sponsored Links
It is a re brand of a French unit not the East German brand that begins with a V. Replacing the 21.5mm pipe with the correct sized pipe would help as well.
Adding more water at presure MIGHT clear the problem or it might just condense the problem.

Are you feeling lucky?

Ah french I can't remember the brand, will have to take the panel out and look at what it was.

I say 22mm pipe it's what looks like plastic overflow pipe used (which I though was right on these)

What size pipe should it be?

Not that I have plans to change it, it's all buried in concrete floor.

Will have a go at the weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back